Tuesday 20 October 2015

Plague Ogres Complete!

After what feels like an age, I've managed to just about finish the Plague Ogre unit. I had trouble for a long time trying to get the right size bases bought, but in the end I'm happy with how the bases have turned out, after a flash of inspiration after some pieces of slate fell off my roof -


The growths across the back are probably a little too much, but I'm still proud of them as these and the stomach below are my first attempts at greenstuffing.


However I'm really happy with the blending between the growth and skin.


The open stomach below is my favourite part of the unit, it was really easy to mold using the green stuff, and painted up I think it blends in with the model alot better than the back growths.



Even though the Plague Ogres have no rules for standard bearers (or other command models), I'm glad I kept it as is, rather than trying to convert it to using a normal weapon. I enjoyed the blending on the flag even though it's a bit rougher than the growth blending. The gnoblar that came with the miniature I swapped heads with a spare nurgling head from, I think, the Plaguebearer kit.



This last ogre goes with my Possessed warband (counts as plaguebearer unit, this guy counts as 2 in game). The yellow round his mouth doesnt seem as pronounced IRL...



No comments:

Post a Comment