Wednesday 10 February 2016

Chaos Lord WIP

Here's a WIP (actually just about finished!) shot of my Chaos Lord.



He's from Mierce Miniatures, called Carrowek of Carh Dhu. Was originally going to use him as a Lord of Plagues, but as Chaos Lords with the Mark of Nurgle just seem better in every way as far as I can see, plus he is about a head bigger than his Blight King retinue, I will field him as a Chaos Lord with MoN!

Will go into more detail on the painting of him after I have finished, but I will say I've struggled to "Nurgle" him up. This is mainly because I love the model as it is! So I've settled on adding tattoos of my Nurgle symbol to his body / helmet. These are still WIP as I try find the besy way to do these, but you can see one in the photo on his leg for an idea.

Another way I decided to Nurgle him up just on the spot last night, was a small green wash around the white edges of his helmet, as though the Rot is seeping through...

The main things I need to finish on the model is more rust/weathering on the axe, finishing touches on the base and work out how to add some Nurgle's Rot to the model. Probably around the bones/heads on the model.

Later today I'll be picking up the Ryza Rust paint, along with a box of Ungors that I have some good conversion ideas for! So will probably add some of that paint to the model too!

No comments:

Post a Comment