Monday 24 August 2015

Considering Next Purchase

My next purchase in the army is going to be my first non-Nurgle unit. However I intend to "Nurgle-ise" every unit in the army, one of the main reasons I started the army is for the modelling and painting opportunities in order to push myself (but more on that in a future post).

The two units I am debating on getting next are either a box of Ungors, to begin the Beastmen side (and intended core...) of the army, or a box of Ironguts in order to convert them into Plague Ogres. So below are my thoughts to help me decide.

Ungors 

Cheaper
Give some shooting to the army
Easier to convert, can use spare parts from Plaguebearers

Ironguts/Plague Ogres

4 to a box
Fit in better with the rest of the units I have so far, with Nurgle keyword, similar size to blight kings
Can hopefully use parts from the Blight Kings kit.
Would like to try green stuffing some parts on them.


Whichever way I go, I intend to try my hand at green stuffing for the first time, having found some great tutorials on the subject -

Nurgle 101

Greenstuff 101


Does anyone know how well, if at all, the Blight Kings parts will match up with the unit of Ironguts?

No comments:

Post a Comment